Friday, November 27, 2015

It's real....all of it.

We've been working hard on building up the terrain inventory and fullfilling the orders placed. Within the first two weeks of the online store being open, Knight Watch Games has received orders for over $400 of products.  Exciting !

While fullfilling orders is certainly an awesome way to spend our time, I admit I prefer designing and building new, original creations.  I'm swept up in the current Star Wars fervor and am playing around with the Fantasy Flight Game, Star Wars Imperial Assault.

The game is a interesting miniature strategy game that pits the heroes of the rebellion against the might of the Empire.   The game  utilizes graphic maps to depict the tactical situation. The map is composed of various pieces that are fitted together to make the full map. I didn't like the maps as they were too small and the pictures hard to comprehend.

I realized it was possible to build the same tactical maps in 3D using the Hirst molds.  A little creativity was needed to solved the thin wall issue, but a solution was presented by a fellow Hirst builder, Bumyong.  I followed his lead and came up with my own variations.






My goal is to build each of the Imperial Assault map pieces (there are over 60 of them!)  Wish me luck.  Commissioned Imperial Assault terrain is certainly available in our online store.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think.